Thank you so much to Maureen Roble of Eating Kids' Media for nominating Brianna's Book Stop for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is for blogs that have less than 200 followers and need more love. Pass it on!
Here are the questions Maureen asked me and their answers:
1. If you could be any ice cream flavor, what would it be, and why?
I think I would be Rocky Road... because life always seems to be challenging (but wonderful and delicious too :o) )!
2. What is your favorite time of day to blog?
Any time I can find the time!
3. If you were not a writer (or other current occupation) what would you be and why?
If I were not busy being a writer and a mom, I would be a teacher (an occupation I loved for many years!).
4. Your go-to (place, blog, person, book) when you are dry on inspiration?
What an interesting question! I have a lot of great places that inspire me! I love attending the Western Washington SCBWI conference each spring and have left each year completely inspired. I also love when I get together with my former critique group members (when I visiting NJ). I also love working with my wonderful agent and editors! I get a lot of wonderful inspiration from their wonderful revision suggestions!
5. What is your favorite book of all time?
I think it's a tie between Anne of Green Gables and Little Women.
6. The best advice you've ever received?
Unfortunately I don't remember where I received this advice but someone suggested to make it a goal to get 100 rejections. Non-writers look at me like I'm crazy for making this a goal but it really works. Once I made getting rejections into something positive, I stopped being afraid of sending things out. And once I sent things out, many things got rejected... but some got accepted too! Hurray!
7. If you could have a super-power, what would it be and why?
I think I would have the ability to slow time... so I could get everything on my to-do list done and still have time to write!
8. What is something you are optimistic about?
Life's challenges. Sometimes it gets hard but I try to view the challenges life throws at me in a positive, optimistic way. :o)
9. I wish I could see... because...
I wish I could see my grandparents because they were all so wonderful and I miss them so much!
10. What is your most indispensable possession and why?
I love my books! When I move from place to place it is wonderful to unpack these treasured possessions and help move them into their new home.
Thank you again, Maureen! Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award and the rules for those who choose to accept:
Christine Marie Alemshah
The Paper Wait
Laura Sassi Tales
Dani Duck: Artist Obscure
If you choose to accept here are the directions: Link back to the blogger who tagged you. Nominate 5-10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you. Then ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate as well as letting your nominees know of their award.
And now, my ten questions for those of you who choose to accept the award:
- If you could be an animal, what would it be, and why?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- What is your biggest writing challenge?
- What writing book / conference / website would you tell other children's writers to read / attend / visit?
- What advice do you wish someone would have given you when you started writing?
- What book (or books) do you wish you would have written?
- What are you most proud of?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Book you most love to re-read?
- What question do you wish I would have asked you? Please answer it!
Happy blooging everyone! Please don't forget to check out the blogs mentioned above! They are awesome!